It’s May 15th and we are leaving on Sept. 15th. Summer is here, as our son Bryan is home from his first year at college. I’ve been enjoying a slow thorough clean out of the house, as Rob continues boat projects mid-week. Have designated June and July as Play months, so trying to get most of the heavy-lifting done now. After months of verbal plans, (no lists, all in my head), the Home To-do list is in action.
- Found a very nice babysitter for my Steinway – Yay!
- Purchased a nice Yamaha keyboard that will slide right onto the boat. It feels like a Yamaha, and is digitized to sound like a 7’ concert grand.
- Hired our property manager to rent our home. – We’ll vacate by Sept 1st to do final cleaning. New tenants can move in the 15th.
- August 4th – Summer pool party for our land based friends
- Scheduled the PODS service for two drop offs and pick ups in August
- Found another nice recipient for donations – Los Altos Discovery re-sale shop for the American Cancer Society. – I ran out of shopping bags and boxes to bring the stuff over…need to go shopping and get some more
- Sold some stuff on eBay. Most notable, an authentic strait jacket that was given to us as a corporate gag gift. A local doctor snapped that up in a day!.Hmmm….
- Boxed up the china, buffet, kitchen and home office things we want to keep (why?) but don’t want for the summer (or the next few years)
- Take care of the home business stuff (insurance, finances)
- Sell two cars (later this summer)
- Find a home for the 8 ft pool table/ping pong
- Paint the master bath
I enjoy these things, and am making time for cooking, working out, music and our friends. After 9 years in Los Altos and working full time, it’s great having freedom.